John Peel 8 January 1979 (new download)

Dr Mango dr_mango2004@...
Thu Aug 21 20:57:57 CEST 2008

Hi everyone.

It took me a few days to get things into gear, but I'm now ready to share the first fruits of the 400 tapes that were sent to me to digitise. Rather than rip the oldest tape I was sent, I went for the show from 8 Jan 1979 as Peel played a song by one of my favourite groups, Television Personalties, and I was keen to hear what he said about it! This isn't the complete show, it's 1 hr 21 mins of it. Sessions come from the Damned and Fingerprintz. The missing 40 mins don't appear to be on any of the other tapes I've been sent, but if I find them I'll remaster the recording.

The source seems to be FM mono again. I've converted it to a 112 kbps mono recording as per the other recent recordings. I'd be grateful for any feedback regarding the sound of the conversion. If anyone has any EQ tips for WaveLab, I'm keen to hear from them.

My setup: Technics RS-AZ6 > Steinberg WaveLab Lite ver. 2.52 > wav > 112kbps mono mp3 using DB Power Amp.

Mp3 download (65.56 Mb)
http://sharebee.com/12d76a1d

Wiki entry with track listing (Tape 058):
http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/08_January_1979

Cassette and track listing photo:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/29282855@N02/2784948782/

Regards,