Tape 9 - 18 June 1979 complete show

thebarguest thebarguest@...
Mon Aug 18 13:37:30 CEST 2008

Yeah, what a nice surprise that the 790625 show is very good
(almost certainly FM) quality !!

I'm not bothered about stereo/mono ; I prefer good mono to
average/poor stereo that may be slightly hissy .......

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, RobF <robfleay@...> wrote:

> > Do you think the taper had gone to FM by this time, since the
sound
> > seems better than the 78 tapes, and there is no signal drifting
>
> I assumed it was definitely FM (albeit definitely mono)- of the
1979 shows I've done so far, the quality has surprised me.

> My hazy childhood memories of listening to AM in the late 70's was
late night football commentary of mid-week international or european
games. Almost unlistenable with the whistling and interference going
on. No sign of that at all on the 1979 tapes I've done.

> As for the dodgy C120 - I think I'll send that one back to Rocker
un-ripped and let someone with experience re-case it. I'm petrified
of destroying a piece of history!