Tape 9 - 18 June 1979 complete show

billfromnorthwales billfromnorthwales@...
Sat Aug 16 14:25:28 CEST 2008

Excellent Rob, well done.

Do you think the taper had gone to FM by this time, since the sound
seems better than the 78 tapes, and there is no signal drifting

Or the Teac beats the Nakamichi's.

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, RobF <robfleay@...> wrote:

> Ah OK...one more, as I'd accidentally found the end of this show on
Tape 5 I figured I might as well rip the whole thing and upload.

> http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/18_June_1979
>
> The Specials plus Wayne County & The Electric Chairs bot doing
their debut sessions for the show. The link to the mp3 are at the
bottom of the wiki page.

> To clear up what I'mn doing with these shows. I am recording the
raw wave file to Sonic Foundry Sound Forge and then processing the
pitch shift to compensate for the slightly slow tape recorder. I'm
then normalising the levels (all the tapes I've listened to so far
have been very quiet) and THEN saving to FLAC. I'll send all the FLAC
files back to Rocker when I'm done and then if anyone wants to "re-
master" anything they can get them from him.

> I'm then creating a 112kbps mono mp3 for uploading to Mediafire
(128k was taking the files just over the 100mb limit imposed on
uploads) so that people can actually hear the things.

> I figured that the majority just want to HEAR them but
understanding their is a minority who might want to fiddle with the
electronic archived version in the future.