Friday Rock Show

Steve so_it_goes_2512@...
Sat Aug 16 03:26:00 CEST 2008

Fellow Peelites

Yes, I listened to the Friday Rock Show ('and now, here's a REAL
classic' etc) in tandem with Peel, in the dark, around 1978/9. I
regularly participated in the Friday Night Connection (never won
though), where Vance played three tracks and you had to guess the
connection between them. One such was:
* Clash, 'White Man In Hammersmith Palais'
* Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band, 'Big Shot'
* Tubes, 'White Punks On Dope'
Anybody care to guess the answer? It took me too long to get it!
He also ran a chart which I had on chrome tape for many years (maybe
my mum still has it) similar to the Festive Fifty. Tracks I remember
from this:
* Yes, 'Starship Trooper'
* Genesis, 'Supper's Ready'
* Derek And The Dominoes, 'Layla'
* Rush, 'Xanadu'
He also played more than once a Peel session by Queen with a version
of 'We Will Rock You' that I've never heard anywhere else. (This will
feature on Teenage Kicks very shortly.)
Stirred up some memories there, you have!

Best wishes
Steve [Tenage Kicks]