WE HAVE THE TAPES!

billfromnorthwales billfromnorthwales@...
Mon Aug 11 02:59:33 CEST 2008

Thanks Rocker, really fast connection from iDisk - took about 20
minutes!

Tape quality seems to be a mono recording FM, as was suggested.

There are very few frequencies above 8khz which implies a fairly low
end cassette recorder.

For the capture, the 1st half runs a bit fast, but second half speeds
up even faster. This is good in a way, because the length would then
be closer to 1h 55m, which makes the show nearly complete

Sounds like the tape shedded a lot of oxide on the last bit too,
since the sound is badly muffled at the end.

As I have found out myself recently, these old tapes need a lot of
work to get a good capture!

Still, only 399 to go!

This is listenable when speed corrected, but mp3 at 192kbs is plenty
enough for this quality.

Bill