Wiki

saipanda saipanda@...
Sun Aug 10 07:53:03 CEST 2008

Hi Richard,

Many thanks for your message. It struck me going along that a weakness of the Wiki thing
is the ability to manipulate information. On the other hand, having the ability to link
things up can be really useful.

As you mention, it would be great to make use of information that's already in place if it
can be easily merged into one handy database. That would be great if you or someone
else can get it set up.

Maybe the two things can be complementary rather than mutually exclusive. I was
working on the theory that if some sort of basic structure in place at the Wiki, then it can
gather its own momentum.

In the short term, I was thinking that it would be a relatively easy way to get the 400 Box
catalogued as it gets digitized. At some point in the next day or two, I'm planning to set up
a couple of dedicated pages. Even if those who convert the files to digital don't want to do
the full tracklistings and stuff, hopefully others from the list will jump in and fill in
additional details.

For anyone interested in banging in a show tracklisting at the Wiki, I've put up a basic five
step guide on the front page. Hopefully you can't go too far wrong. Don't worry about links
or tricky stuff if you're just starting out.

Cheers,

Steve W