[peel] The Pink Floyd (was Re: Festive 50 1978 Part 2)

Julian Porter spiggytopes55@...
Wed Aug 6 21:40:54 CEST 2008

Tom,
I remember hearing "Makorokoto" and doing exactly the same, going out and buying it the next day. Still have the vinyl single, but found a "Best Off The Four Brothers" CD in Stern's Music http://www.sternsmusic.com/ on the Euston Road in London a few years ago and have never looked back.
Another two that impressed me instantly were the 12" EP by the Hi-Fi Brothers (an Italian weird post punk/new wave combo) and "Your Knicked" by Laurel and Hardy, a South London Reggae outfit that had, to my knowledge, only the one 10" Single. While I still have the Vinyl of these, I've never seen either on CD. Shame.
Julian