JP DVD

Alasdair Macdonald wewalkforonereason@...
Mon Aug 4 21:45:26 CEST 2008

I just put up some Peel related TV programmes via bittorrent:

http://www.jah-peel.no-ip.org:7070/

Although I don't recall exactly how or when I recorded items 2 & 3, my
authoring software tells me that all the video content has "open
GOPs", which indicates that they are all DVB - sourced. ie bit perfect
copies of the broadcast streams. (Actually that's a little odd,
because I didn't think I had that capability in October 2004, but who
knows....)

The radio documentary and rebroadcast of Arena - well, I remember
recording those (last September, maybe "It's Alive" was from August.
Here it all is anyway:

DVB-S broadcasts. 256kbps audio (except for It's Alive)

 1. Arena : Today Carshalton Beeches Tomorrow Croydon (probably from
BBC4 broadcast 2007-09-30) (3299kbps)
 2. Turn That Racket Down (rebroadcast date unknown) (3228kbps)
 3. Tributes - probably broadcast within a week or so of John's death
on 2004-10-25 (3472kbps)

 4. It's Alive - 1991 radio documentary about Peel sessions.
Rebroadcast 2007-08-xx or 2007-09-xx (160kbps mp2)

Once this is fully seeded I shall be using my bandwidth elsewhere, so
it will be up to others to keep seeding, or share elsewhere.

If you want to extract the audio (for instance for "It's Alive")
without re-encoding, VideoRedo (to name but one) could be used.