New here

saipanda saipanda@...
Sun Aug 3 18:12:24 CEST 2008

Hi Jim,

Welcome aboard! Would like to add my thanks for this 1993 show. Really excellent stuff.
Be great to hear any other JP shows you find lurking in your tape box.

Have had a shot at compiling a basic tracklisting for this one. Think Bill's suggestion of
using the Database section on the left side of the page seems OK for the 400 Box project,
but it doesn't seem to have a suitable column with enough space for tracklistings. Not
sure how to go about adding this. The Peel Wiki seems like a good alternative, but haven't
managed to get my head around this yet either.

Anyway, tracklisting below:

Steve W

John Peel Show: 12 March 1993 (PJ Harvey, Oil Seed Rape sessions)

(A)
Small: He Who Cannot Be Bathed
dc Basehead: Split Personality
Sonic Youth: Personality Crisis
Oil Seed Rape: Keel Haul (session)
PJ Harvey: Primed And Ticking (session)
Bikini Kill: Jigsaw Youth
(namecheck for Ken Garner)
Family: In My Own Time
L'Orchestre Empire Bakuba: Ibetibi
Arcwelder: What Did You Call It That For?
Lightnin' Hopkins: Wang Dang Doddle (ahead of PJ Harvey session cover version)
Fun-Da-Mental: Wrath Of The Blackman

(B)
The Fall: Why Are People Grudgeful? (new single first play)
Oil Seed Rape: Rib Donor (session)
The Horns: The Bunny Ritual
Militia: Sleeping With The Enemy (Electro-static)
Wedding Present: Octopussy (Phantom 50, #32)
PJ Harvey: Claudine The Inflatable One (session)
Bobby Cisco: Honky-Tonk Rhythm
Nectarine No. 9: She's A Nicer Word To Sing
God Is My Co-Pilot: Anyone But You
Gene Vincent: The Night Is So Lonely
Peyote: Alcatraz

(C)
Pulp: My Lighthouse/ Razzmatazz
Diblo Dibala: Matchatcha Wetu (song namechecks JP and Andy Kershaw)
Oil Seed Rape: Nil By Mouth (session)
PJ Harvey: Wang Dang Doodle (session)
New Order: Regret (Fire Island mix)
St Johnny: My Father's Father
Junior Reid & Dennis Brown: Dance Nah Keep Again
Tindersticks: Marbles
Little Walter: Sad Hours

(D)
The Fall: Glam Racket/The Re-Mixer/Lost In Music (from new 12" single b-side)
Nico: Darkstar
Oil Seed Rape: Comb (session)
The Ukrainians: Rospryahaite
Guided By Voices: Break Even
Pliers: Give Me Jahovia
PJ Harvey: Naked Cousin (session)
Huggy Bear: Aqua Girl Star/February 14th