New here

dontsleepinthesubwaydarlin ready2rock@...
Sun Aug 3 00:46:02 CEST 2008

Hello everyone,

I'm new here & thought I would offer up
what I've always thought was a great Peel programme from 1993

I got this in trade back in the day and it's either the master or
first gen copy.  I traded tapes a lot in those days & if someone
wanted something in tade from the UK I would usually just ask
them to tape the next John Peel show for me.

I ripped this today and put the files on Megaupload.
To my ears, constant bit rate always sounds better than variable, and
Fraunhofer superior to Lame, so for those who care about the
technicalities, here's the processing lineage:

TDK-AR90 > Tascam 112MKIII casstte deck > Roland UA-30 external
soundcard > soundforge 7 > 44.1KHz 16-bit wav > dBpoweramp Reference
> 224 kbps cbr mp3 (Franhofer IIS codec)

If you like the sound I'd be happy to help out with any tape
digitization projects.  I could handle about 10 tapes at a go &
return them.

This show is downloadable in 4 parts as received (no edits)

John Peel Programme 1993.03.13
(Tape 1 Side 1) http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RFPVQ0UV
(Tape 1 Side 2) http://www.megaupload.com/?d=993XDXUS
(Tape 2 Side 1) http://www.megaupload.com/?d=E50LFQM0
(Tape 2 Side 2) http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K4F3OHNJ

I did forget to add mp3 tags to the first couple files, so you'll
have to tag those yourself

Session guests include Oil Seed Rape (1st session) and
PJ Harvey (3rd session)
John also premiers the new Fall single "Why Are people Grudgeful?"
and generally appears to be having a grand old time.  It's thanks to
this recording I discovered The Nectarine No 9 LP "A Sea With Three
Stars", which is one of my favorite discoveries.  Hope you enjoy this
recording as much as I do.

Cheers.  Jim