Database

Jimmy jimmystep@...
Sat Aug 2 11:59:52 CEST 2008

There is a database facility on the group website for adding a
database. Just checked it and someone has previously thought about it.
I suggest a couple of tables. A tape register using the ID sequence
alpha,num,num,num as Alasdair suggests (R001), giving info about the
tape. An archive file register giving details about the flac files;
and what about a date based table to link up different sourced
tapes/files.

There is an import/export facility, probably csv, which could help
merge the work that folk have already done.

Worth a thought? Don't know how much space yahoo give give and how
much we would need.

Cheers....Jimmy

ps I was a sessions recorder, mainly 77 to 78, and my records are
still on paper. Time has been in short supply over the years but I can
see a break coming up now that the kitchen rebuild is thankfully
coming to an end (thank Grud!). I'll get to transferring them eventually.