Festive 50 1978 Part 2

billfromnorthwales billfromnorthwales@...
Sat Aug 2 01:46:44 CEST 2008

OK, after being admonished about shouting, and spelling names
correctly, and being slated as crazy for digitising in 24bit/96khz, I
have come back a bit sheepishly to offer part 2 of the Festive 50
1978.

But, y'know, sometimes you feel like shouting, and sometimes peoples
names are not spelt how you expect, and sometimes you just try and
make
things the best you can.

Anyway, on with the show.

This is the full 2 hour show broadcast on Wednesday 27 December 1978
at
10PM.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4C6AZBQW

It features sessions by Buzzcocks, Steel Pulse, and X Ray Spex.

After Part 1 played the best of the 1976 FF50, part 2 introduces the
concept of playing some of the best sessions of the year and then
proceeding with the countdown, in this case numbers 40 to 26.

I don't think that was done in 76 because the tracks tended to be
much
longer then.

This one contains 4 joins from tape flips and tape changes, as I
scrambled to find unused parts of cassettes and old tapes to record
on
back then.

(I always keep as much of the original as possible, and patch just
the
section missing, rather than replace the entire track. Some are
fairly
invisible to my ears, and others less so)

No naming convention at all followed here yet.

According to that Message History chart thing at the bottom, there
were more messages last month than at any time since the group began.
Imagine that.

Bill