King Kurt

nwobble nwobble@...
Mon Apr 7 16:20:55 CEST 2008

I realise this isn't actually a Peel session (think it was Janis
Long), but King Kurt did a session back in 1986, and was repeated in
2007 (just found out). I had this session on tape until I lost it a
few years after it was taped. Does anyone happen to have this
recording.

It was repeated on the Chris Hawkins on R6 on 25th Sept 2007, and the
listing is:

King Kurt - Goats And Monkeys - BBC Session 07/12/1986 (04:45)

King Kurt - Best Known Cure In Town - BBC Session 07/12/1986 (04:48)

King Kurt - Classic Cassanova - BBC Session 07/12/1986 (04:50)

King Kurt - Ring Dang Do - BBC Session 07/12/1986 (04:53)

Two of the tracks are unique to this session, as I've never seen them
anywhere else.

Going through a bit of a nostaglia trip on the KK front, and ordered
the CD versions of Ooh Wallah Wallah and Big Cock. Both stand the
test of time as classics, and the memories flooded back.