Forgotten Fifty

Jimmy Stepek jimmystep@...
Sat Sep 29 21:07:25 CEST 2007

> I'm also doing a talk plus pics and music and 1 or 2
> guests in
> Waterstone's Sauchiehall Street Glasgow at 6.30pm on
> Peel Day, free,
> all welcome - Ken

I might be able to make that one Ken. I'll bring along
my  book for signing!

> 30 `Nobody Go Run Me' King Short Shirt

My method of recording Peel was to usually set my
recorder on timer when I was out then copy the live
sessions over onto another tape (thus saving cash for
beer rather than tapes!). On occasions, I did copy
over some tracks that I thought were to good to miss
and King Short Shirt was one of them. I've got him
doing Tourist let Go, Ghetto Vibes & Viv Richards. All
excellent stuff. Now that I'm older, and have some
cash to spare, I'll need to go out and see if I can
find myself some CD's.

Cheers....Jimmy (and I think Dancing the Night Away
deseves to be up there!)