Forgotten Fifty: The Festive Fifty (actually 61) of 1977 revealed

Stuart McHugh stuart@...
Fri Sep 28 12:59:47 CEST 2007

good to see the 'Forgotten 50' actually in print, there's a lot of
memories coming back to me, doubtless originally from listening on a
Zephyr tranny under the covers on a school night - the first time I
heard June Tabor, and King Short Shirt (I remember the name better
than the tune), rare plays for 'banned' X Ray Spex and Clash singles,
vague surprise at Frankie Miller, possibly total astonishment at John
Cooper Clarke, and mental notes taken for post-Xmas record token
shoping for The Saints, The Boys and Devo.
Still don't recall the Quo though (mental block via too many school
bands doing covers) and was anyone else as surprised at the time at
the tunes at 1 and #3?

Happy days...

Stuart