My PEEL SESSIONS book is coming soon...

ken garner ken_garner@...
Thu Sep 20 02:12:56 CEST 2007

well it'll certainly be a happy christmas in my house if you go
ahead, though I dread the reactions of your nearest and dearest to
your plan. Some pretty sharp guesses there, mate, on the longest-
interval. But I excluded the magic band because previously they were
Captain Beefheart and the etc. Maybe that was a bit harsh of me. Fair
point. Morrissey is an interesting one - his first solo session was
never completed or broadcast, and the much later one after the
millenium was only two numbers and he didn't want to do it anyway,
thinking he was turning up for Zane Lowe, apparently. Dick Dale,
nope, none before 1995 (er, I think!). Loudon Wainwright was in
pretty frequently and consistently, actually. And you've missed my
top two. No? I'm going to have to hurry you, or hand it over to
Gonville & Caius for a bonus...

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, rockerq@... wrote:

> > <<THE PEEL SESSIONS should be in the shops for 4 October>>
> >
> Fantastic news! Looking forward to seeing a copy!
>
> Re longest interval - only ones I can think of off the top of my
head are
> Pulp & The Magic Band & maybe Gary Numan? Dick Dale? Morrisey?
Undertones? Louden