[OT] [Altrok] Update #171: Support Your Local Web Station!

hubcity@... hubcity@...
Tue Sep 4 13:57:18 CEST 2007

Folks,

We're fresh back from a weekend that included a fantastic Melody Bar Reunion (see the previous post at our site for details) and, frankly, a lot of very nice weather here on the US East Coast.  The batteries have been recharged a bit, so let's press 'play' and see what comes out...

Online and offline, there are (as always) events...

- Tuesday night, hit Ready Steady Go at Marita's in New Brunswick, NJ for a dose of the updated version of what we did at the Mel Reunion.  It starts at 9pm, there's no cover, and the tracks are always great (but, of course, we're biased.)

- Thursday at 11:30am and 9pm, catch our replay of the Altrok Radio FM Showcase right here at altrokradio.com (and catch the new one Friday night at 9pm over at 90.5 The Night.)

- Friday, all day, it'll be Altrok's Eighties Friday, featuring the most relevant, least embarrassing bits of the Eighties.  It all had to start somewhere, so it started there.

- And this weekend, technology permitting, we'll be playing back the downstairs portion of the New Brunswick Melody Bar Reunion, as captured last Saturday live from the decks.  Yeah, it *was* that good.  Check the altrokradio.com page for details.

The rest of the time, it's the award-winning Altrok Radio mix, including the newest tracks we can get our hands on and classics that informed their creation.  Here's the rundown...

This week, our Grinders (the stuff we play heavily) include music from:

 - Jacknife Lee
 - Digitalism
 - Brakes
 - GoodBooks
 - Dead Disco
 - Amy Cooper

Plus we've got newly-added music:

 - Earlimart - Nevermind The Phonecalls
 - Foals - Mathletics
 - Jamie T - Salvador
 - Late Of The Pier - Space And The Woods
 - Liars - Freak Out
 - Los Campesinos! - Dont Tell Me To Do The Maths
 - LoveLikeFire - From A Tower
 - Misha - Weatherbees
 - Murder Mystery - Love Astronaut
 - Kate Nash - Mouthwash
 - Northern State - Better Already
 - The Polyphonic Spree - Section 22 [Running Away]
 - Eli 'Paperboy' Reed & The True Loves - The Satisfier
 - Bruce Springsteen - Radio Nowhere
 - They Might Be Giants - Take Out The Trash
 - The Wombats - Let's Dance To Joy Division

Our Featured Classics:

 - A Certain Ratio - Shack Up
 - Dramarama - It's Still Warm
 - The Dukes Of Stratosphear - My Love Explodes
 - Eddie & The Hot Rods - Do Anything You Wanna Do
 - Killing Joke - Change (Re-Evolution 23 Mix)
 - Lene Lovich - Home
 - MC 900 FT Jesus - If I Only Had a Brain
 - The Psychedelic Furs - Pretty In Pink
 - Simple Minds - I Travel
 - Talking Heads - Memories Can't Wait

As always, thanks for listening!

- Sean Carolan
  Altrok Radio
  On your computer right now at http://www.altrokradio.com
  On the radio Fridays at 10pm, at 90.5 The Night