[peel] New music post-Peel

Made of Ale madeofale@...
Tue Oct 23 21:00:33 CEST 2007

The actual show comes from DFM, I can give you information on the listen
again portion that plays out of my house, which won't work with itunes yet
but will work on a mac or pc with windows or linux.  It's not always up
due to the weather and other occasional difficulties but it is generally
up and accessable.

LISTEN AGAIN

Listen Again is a continuous looping stream of the most recent show. The
stream makes use of the latest technology in stereo encoding for streaming
and as such requires a very recent player. In order to maximize the audio
quality versus the streaming bandwidth we decided to use the new MPEG4 HE
AACPlus V2 encoding. This gives a very nice FM quality sound but at a bit
rate low enough to listen over dialup. Unfortunately since it is such new
technology only a few of the common players work with it so far. As time
goes by more and more players will support this format, but in the mean
time here are 3 that will work now:

WinAmp 5.08 or higher. (for Windows)
foobar2000 (for Windows)
VLC Media Player (for Windows, Mac OS, Linux, Beos, WinCE/Pocket PC)

The stream is a constant loop of the most recent show, and it will usually
be updated sometime on Wednesdays. If you are having any trouble listening
to the stream or if you notice something wrong, please contact me.

<quote who="Susi Maxwell-Stewart">
> of course an absolutely brilliant show although for some reason it seems
to be going through I tunes and i cant play it lately whats that about
anybody can help?

sans-serif;}
sans-serif;}