New music post-Peel

Graham Ward ward.g@...
Sun Oct 21 10:59:37 CEST 2007

Where do other list members hear their new music in the post-Peel era?

I've just joined this group after finishing reading "The Peel
Sessions" book. I listened to Peel's Radio 1 show fairly regularly
from April or May 1980 (Teardrop Explodes, Delta 5, Comsat Angels,
Girls At Our Best, Passions, etc, etc, etc) until it ended in 2004.
Since then I have listened to Radio 1's shows presented by Rob Da Bank
and Huw Stephens. I also listened to Peter Nelson's "Cherryade
Radio/Womb Records" internet podcast for a while, but he no longer
seems to be doing it. Stuart Maconie's Radio 6 "Freak Zone" show is
good, but there's not a lot of new stuff on it.

Do other list members still thirst for new music? If so, do you
bravely sail the vast ocean of Internet MP3s solo, without a trusted
DJ/presenter/intermediary to cut the quantity down to manageable
proportions? Or have you found new sources?

Graham