[peel] Festive 50

Phil Edwards festive50@...
Mon Oct 15 23:26:20 CEST 2007

Last year I posted the following.
The BBC have said that for various reasons, they won't be doing The
Festive 50 this year. So we at Dandelion Radio, after numerous requests,
are proud to announce that we are running The Festive 50 this year.
It's to be run on exactly the same lines as previous years.
So if you are missing your annual yuletide fix of voting and then
awaiting the final outcome, then come to www.dandelionradio.com for more
details and to make your vote.

Well, we ran it and even if I do say so myself, I thought it was quite as
success. In that, very few tracks were featured on mainstream radio.
If you don't believe me, see below

http://www.dandelionradio.com/festive50_2006.html

Anyway, we're running it again. So any of you "missing your yuletide fix",
The polls are now open.

http://www.dandelionradio.com/pages/festive50_poll_form.html

As an incentive we are offering a few prizes of copies of Mark Whitby's (and
now a Dandelion Radio DJ) excellent and seminal tome on the Festive Fifty
simply titled "The Festive Fifty".
We did threaten to not pay his expenses this month if he didn't cough up a
few of these highly sought after prizes.
So vote now.

Phil