On Altrok Radio Tomorrow: Another Nice Mess Peel Day Special

Sean Carolan hubcity@...
Wed Oct 10 16:18:55 CEST 2007

Folks,

To say that Marcelle Van Der Hoof has some interesting vinyl is to say
that water's wet and the sky's blue.  The acquisition of quite a bit
of that vinyl was often connected in some way to John Peel's guidance,
and Marcelle will be sharing stories about those acquisitions (and the
tracks themselves) on a special Another Nice Mess, airing tomorrow as
part of our celebration of John Peel Day on Altrok Radio
(http://www.altrokradio.com).  (And many thanks to Marcelle for coming
through on such short notice!)

And so, in addition to new session tracks from The Pocket Gods (and
maybe a few others), Peel Session tracks, songs Peel played and (so as
not to dwell completely in nostalgia) new songs that somehow fit,
Marcelle will spend about an hour with us, too, on a John Peel Day
observance that's shaping up rather nicely.  And it should be no
surprise that, at more than one point, we might play The Fall.

(Other participants are, of course, most welcome to lob something at
me by this evening so that I can sequence it in.  In advance, thanks!)

It all starts at about 1:30pm Eastern US Time just after the Altrok
Radio FM Showcase, with Marcelle's program starting at roughly 2pm.

Hope you can join us...in fact, do try to connect in advance, so that
any bugs you encounter can be ironed out.  See you there!

-Sean
 Altrok Radio at http://www.altrokradio.com