An 'Old Fart's' Question For Ken

mickcapewell mick@...
Tue Oct 9 16:21:39 CEST 2007

Hi

I haven't got hold of Ken's new book yet but I just wondered if he
could clear up something that has bugged me for years :-)
Much as I admired Peel's attitude I must confess that my primary
musical interests reside back in the 60s and early 70s, which is why I
run a site mainly devoted to 60s psychedelia (http://www.marmalade-
skies.co.uk/).
Anyway, my question is this: Who was the drummer on the first session
by The Nice? My well-thumbed copy of In Session Tonight says that it
was Ian Hague, but seeing as one the tracks recorded on that session
was 'The Thoughts Of Emerlist Davjack' then surely Brian Davison must
have occupied the stool? After all, wouldn't they have called the
song 'The Thoughts Of Emerlist Hagjack' if Hague was still there?
Not one of the most essential queries I grant you, but...y'know... ;-)

Cheers
Mick Capewell