Band longevity

John Bravin john.bravin@...
Sun Oct 7 23:10:57 CEST 2007

Although he didn't do a Peel session, I think one of the awards for band
longevity must be John Mayall's band.  He fronted his first band in
1956, and is of course legendary for the various incarnations he has
been through. I saw him recently in Antwerp with his Blues Breakers, a
fairly continuous live career of over 51 years. Actually I was pretty
much unmoved by the performance (disappointed by his band rather than
him), but you have to admire the guy for doing what he loves. And he's
now on his 55th album!

The support band that night were much more interesting - a Finnish
Belgian band called the Dump Brothers who play country blues,
rockabilly, skiffle, 40's swing and cajun having come out of various
hardcore-, reggae-, blues- and experimental outfits.  With that pedigree
I'm sure they would have got a Peel session...