Arena Special - sunday, tonite

thebarguest thebarguest@...
Mon Oct 1 04:20:20 CEST 2007

I think it shows how "out of touch" some politicians are
by playing the "no class any more" card.
The way I see it is as follows -

1. the class system is alive & kicking but like always its#
   based on accent#

2. Since and before Thatcher, a lot of "working-class" (esp in the
    south of UK) folk have been living "middle-class" lifestyles,
    but still vehemently saying they are "working class" -
    that's why Thatch won all those elections, and "old Labour"
    has died ........ ie money (income) will always win, and plumbers
    make a lot these days .........

3. I'm a hippy - class is irrelevant - be friendly to everyone/anyone
   - judge them on what they say, not the accent ....