transferring tapes

deedeeramain deedeeramain@...
Wed Nov 28 00:52:50 CET 2007

Hi Stryker!

I'm not sure about VBR (I'll have to 'Google' it after dashing off
these lines) - I try and reduce the file by as little as possible so
320 - 500kbps for me!

.mp3 is a lossy form of encoding. Theoretically, there are some
frequencies that your ear can't hear and if we remove these we can
shrink the file without much noticeable difference in audio quality.
The smaller the number the more frequencies are disposed of and the
smaller your file. However, if you compress the file down below
128kbps then the quality reduction is noticeable.

Bigger is best for me! Size does matter!

Anybody else have a different preference?

Dee Dee