[peel] RE: Teardrop Explodes Peel Sessions

tony donaghey tonydonaghey@...
Mon Nov 26 19:09:46 CET 2007

I've never quite trusted The Kaisers since I heard an interview in which they talked about being together for 10 years in various guises and this was their make or break time. They then seemed to nick bits from loads of places - I can't remember which song (maybe Riot) but there is a direct steal from Department S's Is Vic There
  Tony

Phyll@... wrote:

Has anyone else heard what seemed to be a Teardrop Explodes outtake on the radio only to discover it's the new Kaiser Chiefs single! It's hard to think it's not
a deliberate pastiche, each bit of the song seems to be a different Copey cliche, however - i can't for the life of me put my finger on which specific TE/JC tunes
this track is robbed from - any ideas?