[peel] File naming convention?

Phil Edwards festive50@...
Thu Nov 8 08:19:05 CET 2007

> Cough, did I notice you mention ftp server there at all? (",)

Oops, I let that slip didn't I. OK, it's a fair cop. I may as well come
clean.
Periodically, in the past, I have advertised in this group and asked people
to e-mail me for login details.
Whereupon I ask users to send me their I.P. address (purely to see whose
logged in)
However, with pressure of work, I haven't the time for all that faffing
about. So, here are the login details I usually send out.

Here's the link to the server.
ftp://PeelList:qP3VAEhA@82.44.181.124

All I ask is:-

Don't be too greedy.

I know It's tempting. Jan Bear from Bearsuit on accessing the server for the
1st time, said she "felt like an elephant in a bun shop".

Sever currently stands a 63 Gb (nearly 3000 files) of Peel and Marcelle
related stuff.

Also, there's loads more stuff I've had to take off for the time being
(about 50 Gb - 7000 files) , as I'm also heavily involved with Dandelion
Radio ( www.dandelionradio.com ) and I also use the server for distributing
the shows to our DJs and the demos sent in by bands and record labels.

A final note, although we all have nostalgic feelings for John Peel and his
shows, we should also be looking forward, which is what we at Dandelion
Radio are doing.

So give us a listen.

Regards

Phil

P.S.

I would be grateful if you would send me your I.P. address. Nothing
sinister, I just use it to check whose logged on.

I'll just see how this goes. If it starts causing problems with our
Dandelion use, then I may have to have a rethink.