never played morrissey session

ken garner ken_garner@...
Tue Nov 13 08:41:55 CET 2007

I can't recall coming across it or any paperwork. Of course morrissey's
relationship with the Peel Sessions was never a happy one: he didn't
like doing them when in The SMiths (he only came in for an hour or two
to do his vocals, producer John Porter and the band did everything
else) there was that 88 incident, and then the mix up years later over
the joint one for Peel and Zane Lowe did not go well. I think if I had
found a session sheet incomplete for the 88 one I might have put it in
this time around. There is, for instance, a blank session sheet for The
Clash's abandoned one, with everything filled in at the top but then
blank where the tracks should be. I'll ask Hannah at R1 to check the
archive index & Romeo computer (the full index of BBC INfax has musical
items by artists, which do not appear on the online version we can all
browse) for Morrissey entries, next time I'm on, maybe...

ken