a little late but a new one

ken garner ken_garner@...
Fri Nov 9 13:34:51 CET 2007

no need to make an excuse. I have made enough mistakes in my time,
and seen thousands more in 'official' BBC data, to see no point in
anyone feeling bad about getting a date wrong. I'm pretty sure from
the context that that one was 19/7/79.

My current plan is to try and collate the errata in the new book
together from my own observations and readers/listeners' points over
the next 3 / 4 months or so - I expect to get a few in by post after
Christmas, as I did all those years ago from IST! - and then, perhaps
around the end of January at the earliest (and because it will be a
long time I expect before any conceivable 2nd edition involving
corrections), to format and layout myself 2/3 pages of
these "Corrections & Clarifications" in the same type style/design
and page size as the book's back-half design (we teach this stuff on
the journalism course here at Caledonian using Quark Xpress, so I
should be able to do this), and then post these on this site, so
owners of the book can print them off and insert inside the back of
their copies, just for the record.

if anyone of you have further such points, remember, please in the
first instance e-mail me off list,

ken

kg

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, Julian Porter <spiggytopes55@...> wrote:

> Ken,
>
> The original R2R tape of this was mine. I will check what I wrote
on the tape, but I bow to your better knowledge on this. My excuse
for making the mistake was that I was probably too stoned at the
time. Happy days (I too used to frequent The Nashville although I
spent most of my evenings (from about 76 thru 79) in The Marquee).

> Incidentally, I recently bought your book, on Kev's recommendation
and once I had it, I did say to him that I would use it to try and
identify other bits of programmes that we have (and that Kev will no
doubt make available in time). Someday we'll all have the same list
and the same programmes (probably more than the beeb has).

> Could I ask a favour, where you have found errors in your detail,
that you post up an erratum file? Just a thought.

> Big thanks to you for the book, same to Kev for making my tapes
available, same to others for their contributions.