File naming convention?

Jimmy jimmystep@...
Thu Nov 8 01:06:52 CET 2007

The suggested format is really the best way to go as it does avoid the
confusion between USA dating conventions and european(including
Britain!) and makes for easy file sorting. On the old ftp trading
network it was BandName_yyyymmdd_GigLocation;
eg Love_19740530_Glasgow or sometimes Love_1974-05-30_Glasgow

To reduce the length of the file names, which can be a problem with
some operating systems, I'd suggest leaving out the John part and just
have it as Peel. Only a suggestion but it saves 4 characters :-)

Cheers....Jimmy

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, Roger Carruthers <roger.carruthers@...>