Those new polls on the site...

ken garner ken_garner@...
Thu Mar 29 00:06:47 CEST 2007

All/any info gratefully received. Whenever (though no later than end
May, please). You've already helped me correct something else tonight.
You had 1/8/83 for the SYTYAC session. I dug out the session sheet
because I had evidently missed that. And hidden away in tiny writing at
the top of the sheet underneath a load of scribbled messages from Dale
Griffin, it does indeed say, now I look very closely, '1st TX: 1/8/83'.
So that's one less date to check, many thanks. I have entered in all the
documented repeat dates for all sessions already. The shows I am
querying are the ones left looking blank or possibly incomplete after
everything from the official documentation (and my own records, Jon
Small's fantastic old 92-02 sessions site, other websites, Radio Times,
previous corrections, letters, etc) has been put in. Most of them will
probably turn out to be either all-record shows, or shows genuinely with
just the one session TX, new or repeat, I already know of.  But there
will be some surprises, some undocumented additional repeats, and some
discoveries of otherwise 'missing' sessions, lost from the official
archive, like New Age Steppers. These total dates still to pin down
absolutely represent less than 6% of the total number of Peel shows so
let's keep it in perspective, even though that's still over 300 dates.
In short, any info confirming any session being broadcast on any date
can be a revelation. In 24 hours you've helped me get a date for The New
Age Steppers, and provided an earlier 1st TX date for SYTYAC. What other
explosive nuggets are there lying in wait for me in your collection, I
cannot but wonder? Although it would probably be too much to hope for
another day as good as this one! Many thanks again,

cheers

kg

PS. e-mail me off line, because it just occurred to me I might be able
to send you my known data in a slightly different form that might make
the checking process, if you're willing to do it, much much easier and
quicker. Which years / what main period(s) does your collection cover?