That first NightRide, Kris Drever

sdmaclean@... sdmaclean@...
Fri Mar 23 19:00:00 CET 2007

The NR mp3 mentioned here featured a poem read by Adrian Mitchell with the last line of ".... Sunday Express" with exactly the same tune and almost identical lyrics to John Cooper Clarke's Electric Circus track (title?) with the line "never get a nipple in the Daily Express".  Oh how I chuckled.

Anyone here got the Kris Drever LP?  I heartily recommend it, best LP I have heard in years.  Reminds me of Laura Cantrell's first, a new singer with songs written by a whole host of unknown (to me at least) writers, and several gems.  The chorus of Poor Man's Son gives me goose bumps every time I hear it (and I mean every time ;))

Oh, and my last, ongoing, thought.  Anyone seen the 84 FF on mp3 yet?

Stuart