More on Festive 50 / best of shows 1977

Jimmy Stepek jimmystep@...
Thu Mar 8 01:58:43 CET 2007

> 2. More on Festive 50 / best of shows 1977

> JimmyStep is right, show of 28/12/77 was extracts of
> best of year's
> sessions. All the ones he mentions are on the PasB
> script - except
> the Vibrators.

And that's because the Vibrators track was from some
other show! It's London Girls and is a live track, not
a session track. So it's sneaked onto the beginning of
that tape from somewhere. Did they appear on Live at
the Roxy/Vortex?

> His memory appears pretty much bang
> on then, although
> Stranglers' Burning Up Time, Frankie Miller's Be
> Good To Yourself,
> and Elvis C's Red Shows appear to be played between
> Tabor's No Man's
> Land and Colosseum II's Lament. Motors' You Beat The
> Hell Out of Me
> ended the show. It's always possible running order
> was different on
> air, but unlikely (the PasB is normally typed up
> AFTER the show has
> been aired)

Nothing to do with memory! I've still got the tape and
it's written down in me old notebook! It is highly
probable that I have dubbed these from another tape &
they are not in the order as broadcast. And I've
missed out the stranglers & Motors as I already had
them from a previous broadcast, 17/10/77 & 20/10/77
respectively.

Cheers...Jimmy