[peel] Re: Givng Rob Da Bank A Bit Of Love...

lollygagger@... lollygagger@...
Wed Mar 7 18:09:28 CET 2007

Hi All

I am giving last Sunday/Monday mornings RDB a play and it was a particularly good show. I'm normally hopeful but despondent but last Sundays show was good and I am pleasantly surprised as I am listening while I type. So credit where credit is due. I normally drop RDB a line to let him know when his shows are good in the hope that he might take note :)) Adam
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Andrew Dean
  To: peel@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2007 1:37 PM
  Subject: [peel] Re: Givng Rob Da Bank A Bit Of Love...

  >>Stuart Maconie's program on 6Music
  >><http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/shows/freakzone/>http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/shows/freakzone/
  >>beware of the prog!
  >
  > One advantage of 6Music is that they put up all the playlists
  > so if you click a few recent Tracklistings on the Freakzone page
  > you'll soon have an idea if you would like it or not

  but that only works if you've heard of any of the artists listed and you
  assume you don't like what you don't know. the joy of freakzone (and the
  idea behind it judging by the name) is that it's almost entirely new to me.
  (see also: 'out on blue six')

  as for RDB, i didn't like him when he took over in the evenings. but as soon
  as i realised that he wasn't Peel and that he wasn't trying to be and
  listened to him for his own sake i started enjoying it (and he is still a
  highlight of the week). he's also the only person i've heard play Melt
  Banana on the radio since that october.

  there's still a ton of stuff i got used to hearing on peel's shows that i
  can't find broadcast anywhere else (or, if i can, it's broadcast as part of
  speciality shows (lamarr usually) where you get an hour of nothing but old
  rock n roll (for instance) rather than all mixed up). that's what i miss.

  (for the record: dandelion, slashmusic, kershaw, radcliffe, mary-anne hobs,
  da bank, garagepressure.com, fab & groove and acres of mp3s)