A flock of seagulls

thebarguest thebarguest@...
Mon Jun 25 22:20:39 CEST 2007

The very early stuff ie Peel sesh and first LP is good - good
enough for Peely and the great Bill Nelson (the latter's "Quit
Dreaming and Get on the Beam" album is better electro-pop than anything
AFOS did though).
About 'dated'. The Sex Pistols album sounds dated but most other
punk/new wave (eg Ruts, Ultravox, Magazine, Buzzcocks, JD) sounds
fresh. I think the stuff you like in adolescence always feels 'new'
('16 Again' by the 'Cocks is a great song).

Cheers,
Shughie McFee