BBC humour

Stuart McHugh stuart@...
Sun Jun 24 11:28:44 CEST 2007

>     Posted by: "Stuart Troutman" stuartlt2003@... stuartlt2003
>     Date: Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:22 am ((PDT))
>

> Oh, come on...A Flock of Seagulls?..."Their brand of
>  electro-future-pop" is the very reason people are reduced to
> talking about their dumb
>  haircuts. Their music was a bore even then. Their records sound
> very dated
>  and stale now. And really, were they ever truly all that significant
>  in any music terms?
Well, Peel did see fit to give them a session, though this might have
been partly due to their being produced or 'mentored' by Bill Nelson.
I agree they sound pretty darn dated now, but they were probably
among the best of a bad bunch during what was a pretty sparse time
for British music.

Stuart McHugh
stuart@...