[OT] [Altrok] Update #162: Support Your Local Web Station!

hubcity@... hubcity@...
Mon Jun 18 13:31:20 CEST 2007

Folks,

Firstly, the important stuff:

Altrok Radio is at http://www.altrokradio.com

Please remember to tune in whenever you can - every hour you listen turns into more visibility for the station; we show up higher in search listings, and such like that.  And if you'd like to help us keep the stream running, check out the advertisers if they appeal to you; your interest actually helps fund us.

Now then, to be clear: Altrok Radio is free to listen to, and will be for as long as I can manage it.

But if you'd like to listen without advertising (we'll interrupt occasionally to tell you what's coming up on the station) there's a VIP program run by Live365.  When you're a VIP, you get access to the commercial-free version of the station, plus all the ads on their website go away.  Cost is actually pretty reasonable; the roughly-$15-every-three-months plan seems to be the most popular option.  Here's the link if you're interested:

http://www.live365.com/rewards/pm?tag=muddychannel

And yes, we get a small kickback on that - $1.50 when you sign up, and a penny or so about every three hours you listen.  Not much, but we're a pretty lean operation; we'll take what we can get.

All that said, bet you're wondering what those new songs we've added are...

This week, our Grinders (the stuff we play heavily) include music from:

 - Cribs
 - Holloways
 - Calvin Harris
 - White Rabbits
 - Maximo Park
 - Los Campesinos!

Plus we've got newly-added music:

 - Architecture In Helsinki - Heart It Races
 - Cajun Dance Party - The Next Untouchable
 - Club 8 - Whatever You Want
 - Datarock - The New Song
 - Editors - Smokers Outside The Hospital Doors
 - Frank Smith - Throwin' Rocks
 - The Go! Team - Grip Like a Vice
 - The Long Blondes - Once And Never Again
 - The Monolators - Strawberry Roan
 - The New Pornographers - My Rights Versus Yours
 - Reverend And The Makers - The Machine
 - Spoon - The Underdog
 - UNKLE - Burn My Shadow (feat. Ian Astbury)

Our Featured Classics:

 - The Bangles - The Real World
 - Blondie - Hanging On The Telephone
 - The Cure - 10:15 Saturday Night
 - The Jam - A Town Called Malice
 - Primal Scream - Loaded
 - Siouxsie And The Banshees - Cities In Dust
 - The The - Dogs Of Lust
 - Tones On Tail - Twist
 - Yazoo - Nobody's Diary

As always, thanks for listening!

- Sean Carolan
  Altrok Radio
  On your computer right now at http://www.altrokradio.com
  On the radio Fridays at 10pm, at 90.5 The Night