[peel] Another Peel Blog

dean coster bingoandsnork@...
Thu Jun 14 16:13:28 CEST 2007

I remember you.

  I posted a link to your site a couple of years ago via this very forum. And then you did nothing. I was beginning take it personally.

  I still think this is a fantastic if totally impossible idea, but good luck.

  If you've only just joined I suggest you trawl through the archive and look at the posts about the soon to be re-released In Session Tonight book. This wonderful just-in-time-for-christmas re-release (and updated with the help from some good people here) may help you find out what you're missing.

catinnaflat2000 <insessiontonight@...> wrote:
            Apologies for my first post to the group being to plug my own blog, particularly as I realise that for most people the enthusiasm for being told about yet another Peel blog is probably by now ranking alongside finding out that Howard Wilkinson has just been appointed manager at your football club.  I initially tried to get In Session Tonight going a couple of years ago, with the intention of running through the sessions alphabetically, and sharing what I had - frankly the scale of the undertaking rather made me freeze (I got as far as Aavikko, which tells it's own sad story).
  Anyway, I'm having another stab - as originally planned the blog will share what sessions I have (most recently AC/DC's 1976 session), and it also now features a podcast to make sure that where sessions aren't available that as far as possible all the bands that recorded Peel sessions get an airing.
  I'm obviously heavily dependent on the wonderful work of Ken Garner.  Any help that list members can give with some of the more obscure artists would be hugely gratefully recieved - in the short term, Bill Aitken (any information that adds to his work as a session engineer would be great) and Ahmad Al-Khlail & Hamid Mohammed (anything!) are my biggest headaches.
  Cheers
  Steve