[peel] Peel on Radio 3 in 1976!

John Bravin john.bravin@...
Wed Jun 6 19:51:15 CEST 2007

Hi Ken

Sorry I've been off travelling and just got back.

This program sounds about right.  I used my reel-reel recorder until
about 1976 when I switched to cassettes (all my punk stuff is on
cassettes) so it is quite possible I recorded these documentaries.  As
is common I must recorded over most of them leaving just the bit about
Bob Dylan.  Another pointer is his voice was more 'normal' and less
'effete hippy' than I recall from the very early days. And clearly from
the way he phrased it, it sounds like 'of course every knows Bob Dylan
now, but in these early days no one knew who he was'.

Hope this helps.

Every time I hear Desolation Row on the radio I think of 'button down
Madras shirts'.....And also of how timeless the lyrics are

Cheers

John