Keep those specific listener stories coming...

ken garner ken_garner@...
Fri Jun 1 11:35:54 CEST 2007

Just a reminder there is still time - a week or two, must be in by
15/16 June really - for you to pitch in a 130-word 'A Listener
writes...' year-specific memory of Peel for possible inclusion in my
Peel Sessions Book. Thanks to all those that have responded, some
really great stories there (one or two will need a bit of editing,
sorry). Remember, what we're after is something as specific as
possible, relating to something that happened on the show which you
heard that related to or triggered something in your own life: "If I
hadn't listened to Peel that night..." is the idea (I can help you date
things, as some of you know). Your story might have been triggered by a
session track, a record, an odd-event mistake or accident in the show,
something peel said or read out, whatever. Perhaps unsurprisngly, I've
got most in from 80s and 90s, and I could really do with more from 67-
69, 69-75, and 76-82. If you can think of someone you know beyond this
community who might have something to say, please forward this. Many
thanks

ken

ps. remember to specify the year, and at the bottom give your name and
location (a town or county) as you would wish it to appear in the book
if included