More Notable Dates for Ken

dunelm61 dunelm@...
Wed Jul 11 22:18:13 CEST 2007

It's perhaps worth noting the dates of Liverpool's European Cup
Finals over the years.

25 May 1977 v Borussia Moenchengladbach (Rome)
10 May 1978 v Bruges (Wembley)
27 May 1981 v Real Madrid (Paris)
30 May 1984 v Roma (Rome)
29 May 1985 v Juventus (Brussels)

As far as I can recall, Peel attended the Finals in 1978, 1981 and
1985, but missed in 1984 (I'm not sure about 1977). This means that
you can identify at least three Wednesday night programmes that must
have been pre-recorded!

Of course, at the same time as the 29 May 1985 show was being
broadcast, Peel was witnessing the Heysel disaster, which is itself
noteworthy.

Peel's programme on 17 April 1989 would have been his first after the
Hillsborough disaster.

Adrian Barber.