[peel] One or two other teeny blanks?? (help?)

Martin Wheatley martinw@...
Tue Jul 10 21:35:14 CEST 2007

At 18:25 10/07/2007, you wrote:

>OK, your next starters for ten...
>
>- from Jon SMall's old site I got this: SaT 14/12/96 Roni Size live.
>Unfortunately there is nothing for that date in R1 or BBC data
>archive, no session sheet, Romeo record, zip. Alison Howe (producer)
>thinks they did have roni size once, but does not recall what kind of
>thing it was. Obviously not a pre-rec session, prob either a concert
>set rec at another venue, or...?

31 minutes long on 14-12-96     Probably direct from Maida Vale
However I think Roni Size and his crew had a recording
studio in Bristol and it's possible they just did it there and sent it to Peel
but if so I didn't make a note of it

>- Melt Banana 21/9/99 and 3/10/01 live from Maida Vale: we have no
>titles for either of these apocalyptic events, and I am still
>awaiting reply from their manager. Anyone have a clue?

Probably they just set up and played.   Tom Roche who is
on this list has had a lot of contact with them and may be
able to ask the band

martinw