slashmusic playlists

Andrew Dean koogy@...
Mon Jan 29 18:05:21 CET 2007

>> what does the original poster want from listings? just better than the
>> official ones?
>
> Ideally they would look something like the, ahem, John Peel playlists
> that would list format and record label, which in these liberated
> times would translate to something like a link for the band's mymusic
> site (which channel 4 do sometimes manage) maybe their myspace or
> homepage..

in my geeky way i have the first 11 or so as xml files somewhere with, yes,
myspace name, slashmusic id and url included where i can find them (although
that's what takes the time and requires internet access). this way i can
write some clever (or not so clever) xslt or php and squirt them out in a
number of ways (chronologically, by band name etc). eventually. that said,
maybe a wiki would be a better bet?

andy