Beatnik Filmstars

ckitlee cklee@...
Tue Jan 23 14:56:50 CET 2007

In case you are not aware of it, both Peel sessions of the excellent
Blue Orchids were released by LTM in 2002 in a compilation
titled "From Severe to Serene", which also included their Thirst EP
as well as live tracks recorded in Manchester. Unfortunately, of
course, those recordings were without John's introduction.

Regarding Marcelle's questions about John's introduction on
Vinyl/CD, I can immediately recall two - one is the Peel session of
Toten Hosen, which I believe was only released in Germany; and the
other one which is more available is Government Commissions by
Mogwai - although that was confined to just a few words in the first
track.

CK

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, Mark <sploozed@...> wrote:

> I tell you what I'd really like to hear again Marcelle
> is that session by the Blue Orchids.
>
> I remember John Raving about it in the early 80s and -
> whether I was just too young to see what it was all
> about I don't know - anyway it never really caught my
> ear at the time. But I found an old cassette with one
> of their songs that's I'd taped by accident and I
> really wished I'd paid more attention because it was
> absolutely wonderfully melancholic.
>
> I just wish someone would play them - they seem to
> have drifted under other people's radar as well
> because I haven't really heard them since!

> The all-new Yahoo! Mail goes wherever you go - free your email
address from your Internet provider.
http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html