[SPAM] Re: [peel] Re:Beatnik Filmstars

Mark Webb aouv78@...
Tue Jan 23 12:04:21 CET 2007

I have that Blue Orchids session on tape somewhere. I'll try and dig it out and post it somewhere.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Mark
  To: peel@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Tuesday, January 23, 2007 9:21 AM
  Subject: [SPAM] Re: [peel] Re:Beatnik Filmstars

  I tell you what I'd really like to hear again Marcelle
  is that session by the Blue Orchids.

  I remember John Raving about it in the early 80s and -
  whether I was just too young to see what it was all
  about I don't know - anyway it never really caught my
  ear at the time. But I found an old cassette with one
  of their songs that's I'd taped by accident and I
  really wished I'd paid more attention because it was
  absolutely wonderfully melancholic.

  I just wish someone would play them - they seem to
  have drifted under other people's radar as well
  because I haven't really heard them since!