[peel] for sale - john peel shows on minidiscs

Neil Jenkins neil_jenkins.geo@...
Mon Jan 22 07:22:28 CET 2007

I agree with Phil.  Fully.  Of course.

For years, this group has been about sharing, and continues to be so.  These days I'm more a reader than an "active" member of the group, but have done my share in the past of being part of a chain of receiving, copying and re-distributing Peel shows.  A lot of this effort is now no longer needed with the likes of the mighty Phil Edwards And His Magic Server, managing and maintaining such a mammoth store of shows for your FREE enjoyment.

It may be that you, Malkmus, could genuinely do with a bit of cash.  God knows I myself over the past few months have looked around at things I can consider selling when I don't think I'll make it over the finishing line of pay-day.  However, this is not the place.  I remember a bunch of us, roughly two years ago I think, getting together to organise the creation of a DVD set of John Peel Festive Fifties to undergo a Peel group-based chain of copy-distribution, largely because we objected to someone making something similar available on eBay.  We felt it was wrong.  It was then and it still is today.  (Having said this, the DVD project never got out of the blocks, or at least if it did it was without my involvement.)

So, if you want to get help form someone in the group to digitise your MiniDiscs for wider FREE distribution, perhaps via Phil's server, then you have our full support.  If, however, you still wish to get cash for your MiniDiscs, can I suggest your local pub.

Best regards,
Neil

Phil Edwards <festive50@...> wrote:
I  think that goes against the ethos of the group.
 In the  past we've generally swapped JP's shows. Not sold them.
 I  personally have provided taped copies for various people (at the cost of the  blank tapes). In fact the last 4 years I gave given access to my John Peel  server, FREE of any charge. This server contains 121 JP shows from 2004 plus  well over 1500 shows from 1976 to 2004, including FFs, Top Gear, BFBS, World  Service and Night Ride.
 So I  don't think there'll be any takers.
 Phil