not dead, am doing a book

dunelm61 dunelm@...
Wed Feb 28 21:21:04 CET 2007

Hi, Ken. The new book sounds great, I'm sure I'm not the only one
who's really looking forward to it. Just one or two suggestions . . .

1. The 29/08/77 show was a punk special wherein Peel played his
favourite punk records of the year to date. If the PasB sheet is
available to you, it would be nice to see the full running order, as
it represents an informative snap shot of where the show was at that
time.

2. In December 1977 Peel broadcast what I think was the only Festive
Fifty to be selected by himself personally rather than by his
listeners. The top 13 is on the Rock List website and has been
reproduced in a couple of biographies published since his death.
Again, if the PasB sheets are available, perhaps you could work
backwards from the top 13 to give us the 1977 Festive Fifty in full
for the first time!

3. To help publicise your book – and to celebrate Peel Day '07 – BBC4
could rebroadcast the Arena special "TODAY CARSHALTON
BEECHES...TOMORROW CROYDON" from 1980/81. It would provide the
perfect televisual accompaniment to your book – perhaps you could
persuade your contacts at the Beeb!

Anyway, good luck in all your endeavours.