New pub in honour of John

thebarguest thebarguest@...
Sat Feb 17 20:28:43 CET 2007

Heswall has a rep for being quite "posh" but I haven't been there
myself. I suspect it's like West Kirby nearby, where that new
Bond actor comes from ie posh compared to, say, Bootle or Harlow or
East Oxford but not as posh as, say, North Oxford or the posh
enclaves of Lahndon, like Hampstead. In other words, the predominant
class is "lower-middle", with mild, Lennon-esque Liverpool accents.
In terms of location for a pub, I'd rather make my way home at 11:30
Sat night from the "John Peel" in Heswall as opposed to the "Scally
Arms" in Bootle. I think city centre and country pubs have more
atmosphere than suburban ones, anyway.....

Mike H.