Tapes of Top Gear from 1969 and 1970

Guy Brown guyanthonybrown@...
Mon Apr 16 22:25:55 CEST 2007

hills1902:>>I have some old 7 inch reel-to-reel tapes of eight Top Gear
programmes that I recorded in 1969 and 1970, with sessions from the following bands....

Eddie Duffy>>I'd imagine there'd be a lot of interest in these. ...And that fast initial playback should be correctable
if the tapes are encoded to digital format.... The only person I'm aware of is the estimable Guy Brown, but
he's on the West Coast of the US

Well Eddie is right on all counts. I have a pair of Revox B77s, including one that runs at 1 7/8 ips, just for this kind of restoration. I would love to do this job and circulate the results to the list. Actually I have another project in progress, that I have been really dragging my feet on, that involves about 25 hours of tapes made by a certain Scottish doctor that covers 67-69, and should yield about 9 new CD length volumes of 'UK Sessions' to augment my own 8 volumes. I promise (holy books this time) to finish these by mid summer day 2007.

Hills1902 - if you haven't made a deal yet, please consider me for this job. Lots to offer in trade and, of course, I will cover your expenses.

GUY