[peel] Re: Brief Encounter

Paul Bryant pbryant98@...
Wed Apr 11 09:35:22 CEST 2007

--- thebarguest <thebarguest@...> wrote:

> Wow - the Palm Cove club. Great place. Used to go
> there
> around 1991 and get st*ned.
> Mark E - about 2 years older than he should be for
> a true punk / new-waver ! Fraudster !
> How many years has booze added to his looks ?
> 5, 10 ?
>
> Regards,
> Aldo Moro

The two most toe-curlingly embarrassing televinsion
moments I was unfortunate to see were 1) an interview
with Shane MacGowan at his most toothless and drunken,
and 2) an interview with Mark E Smith after Peel died.
Either he was too overcome with grief to speak or he's
not a fully functioning human being. Car-crash tv at
its worst. I still shudder as I recall.

pb